BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Keep backup data when source host/directory changes

2013-03-07 11:34:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Keep backup data when source host/directory changes
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:33:04 +0000
On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 10:10:27AM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM, John Rouillard
> <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com> wrote:
> > I use cygwin for the sshd/rsync binaries now but I did get it working
> > with all native windows versions of tools at one point.
> Really?  Is there a non-cygwin based rsync?    We have some windows
> boxes where the admin has installed freesshd and doesn't like cygwin
> and I'd like to be able to use rsync with them.

*checks notes*. Sorry my mistake cwRsync is not native, it's cygwin
under the hood as is DeltaCopy IIRC.

The sshd was native (freesshd sounds familiar) although I didn't
record which ssh server I was using.

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111