BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Keep backup data when source host/directory changes

2013-03-07 11:32:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Keep backup data when source host/directory changes
From: Mark Campbell <mcampbell AT emediatrade DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:31:41 -0700
So in other words, you still need a daemon; whether it's rsync directly, or a
cygwin/native ssh daemon running on the client machine that then execute rsync.

In my case, since all my backups are done internally, encryption wasn't a big
deal, so I opted for setting up the cygwin rsync binary as a service on Windows
(and figured I'd also use rsyncd on linux, for uniformity).  It's simple,
straightforward, and I have rules in place that only allow the backup server to
connect to them.

Thanks,

--Mark