BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] multi platform backup system

2013-03-05 11:18:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] multi platform backup system
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:16:52 -0600
> Ok tried using backuppc but could not get the backup to launch would not
> establish a ping.  Tried the backuppc.conf ping modification did not work.
>  I did find Ur backup for Windows it looks new only on version 1.1 but its
> working well.  It sets up a client install and server install.  I had to
> install client and server on one machine but thatis ok for now.  Looks
> like they are working on .deb package so i will prob use this for now
> until i can install on my Ubuntu file server.   Ur Backup can do live
> image backups and single file backups.  I tested the bare metal image
> restore and it worked well also restored basic files without issues.  Its
> a really simple server and client backup system but i like it.  Hopefully
> it will get some open source support and grow its kind of spartan now but
> does what i need.  I don't like having the client and server on one
> machine but until the .deb package is completed that is what i will do.
> Still thinking of going with nova backup server !
>  for Ubuntu but it doesn't look like it gets many updates.  Also requested
> free trial for the Nova backup server for Ubuntu but sales never got back
> with a trial version i could test for Ubuntu.  I have emailed them
> several times they said they would allow a trial but wont respond to my
> emails anymore :(

Is it possible they don't respond to your emails because they don't have a
clue what you want?

As far as I can make out, you are posting to a BackupPC list, but talking
about a completely different backup system, and don't actually have a
question.

Of course, it's possible that your email was simply generated by a
sophisticated spam-generating program, and I apologize for wasting
everybody's time and bandwidth by responding at all.