BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] multi platform backup system

2013-03-05 10:58:15
Subject: [BackupPC-users] multi platform backup system
From: stuckeyneila1982 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 07:57:02 -0800
Ok tried using backuppc but could not get the backup to launch would not
establish a ping.  Tried the backuppc.conf ping modification did not work.  I
did find Ur backup for Windows it looks new only on version 1.1 but its working
well.  It sets up a client install and server install.  I had to install client
and server on one machine but thatis ok for now.  Looks like they are working
on .deb package so i will prob use this for now until i can install on my
Ubuntu file server.   Ur Backup can do live image backups and single file
backups.  I tested the bare metal image restore and it worked well also
restored basic files without issues.  Its a really simple server and client
backup system but i like it.  Hopefully it will get some open source support
and grow its kind of spartan now but does what i need.  I don't like having the
client and server on one machine but until the .deb package is completed that
is what i will do.   Still thinking of going with nova backup server for Ubuntu
but it doesn't look like it gets many updates.  Also requested free trial for
the Nova backup server for Ubuntu but sales never got back with a trial version
i could test for Ubuntu.  I have emailed them several times they said they
would allow a trial but wont respond to my emails anymore :(