BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Unattended off-site replication

2011-10-25 09:14:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Unattended off-site replication
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:13:08 -0500
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Chris Parsons <Chris.Parsons AT petrosys.com DOT au> wrote:
Option 2: run BackupPC on Solaris (Nexenta). Use snapshots and zfs send to replicate the data to another server. Very simple, very easy. And we've found BackupPC performance on ZFS much increased over ext3.

Well, that may not be necessary for too much longer. There's a few linux distro's that already have the zfsonlinux release candidate available which allows mounting. I've also got Review Requests at RPM Fusion waiting on a reviewer. Unfortunately,  they are not allowed in Fedora proper because they don't allow external kernel modules.

Richard