BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Special characters in share names

2011-10-05 10:01:59
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Special characters in share names
From: Philip Kimgård <kimme_911 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:00:24 +0000
Hello,
I'm new to backuppc but got a basic setup and I'm trying to take backups of mainly windows machines (xp/vista/7) from an Ubuntu server (11.04). I have one pretty annoying problem though, whenever there is a special character (å, ä and ö in my case) in a share name, it fails. The backup log says:

16:32:40 Aborting backup up after signal PIPE
16:32:41 Got fatal error during xfer (aborted by signal=PIPE)

I'm using cygwin with the packages rsync and openssh on the windows clients. The ClientCharsetLegacy is set to 'iso-8859-1' and ClientCharset to 'cp1252'. Files that contain these special characters under a folder/share that is working is being transfered. Is this a problem with backuppc? Can I get additional log info from somewhere?

Thanks, Philip