BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Failed restore/backup - how to remove

2011-10-05 07:44:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Failed restore/backup - how to remove
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:43:09 +0200

Schedule
>> tab. Change BackupsDisable in the Blackouts section to 1 or 2. Don't
forget
>> to save.
>>

>> "$Conf{BackupsDisable} = 0;
>>
>>     Disable all full and incremental backups. These settings are useful
for
>> a client that is no longer being backed up (eg: a retired machine), but
you
>> wish to keep the last backups available for browsing or restoring to
other
>> machines.
>>
>>     There are three values for $Conf{BackupsDisable}:
>>
>>       0    Backups are enabled.
>>
>>       1    Don't do any regular backups on this client.  Manually
>>            requested backups (via the CGI interface) will still occur.
>>
>>       2    Don't do any backups on this client.  Manually requested
>>            backups (via the CGI interface) will be ignored."
>>

>Thanks for quick answer. The thing is I don't want to disable the host
(call it A). I tried
>restore some files from another host (call it B) to server A. Server B is
already shut
>down and disabled in BackupPC.
>
>For whatever reason the restore failed (on server A) and I still see the
failed restore
>notification in BackupPC. I don't need the restore to be finished since I
got the data
>from the filesystem. I just want to get rid of the failed restore
notification related to
>server A. In short I want to tell BackupPC to cancel/forget the restore
attempt.

>Hope this explains the situation better.
>
>Thank you,
>Milan

I think it did. I managed to get those messages removed from the main
GUI-screen by disabling the backup using "2" from above. Have you tried
disabling it once, reload the server configuration (Admin Options/Reload),
then confirm the error message is gone and then enable the host again
according to your wishes using flag 0, 1 or 2.

Am I getting this right?
--
/Sorin