BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to restore an 8GB archive file?

2011-04-14 02:35:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to restore an 8GB archive file?
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:33:10 +0200

No, it was actually linux. However it was my misunderstanding, as I thought it
was a 32b kernel-problem, when in fact it's a file system limitation according
to Google. The problem first came up on a 32b linux machine running ext3 file
system. Moving the 8GB archive to a machine with ext4, solved the problem.

OTOH, ext3 is said to have a max file size limit from about 16GB up to some 2TB,
depending on block size. So why I would have a problem with an 8GB file is
anybody's guess.

--
/Sorin