BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] bare metal restore?

2011-04-04 10:31:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] bare metal restore?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:29:17 +0100
On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 09:51 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> Would there be a similar procedure using rsync?

I've done it using the GUI. Bring up the affected machine on a Live CD,
run sshd and install the BackupPC root key. Create a mounted filesystem
tree in /mnt/, and use the GUI to restore there.

Afterward:

mount --rbind /dev /mnt/dev
mount --rbind /proc /mnt/proc
chroot /mnt
update-grub
grub-install /dev/sda
reboot

Regards,
Tyler

--
"No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices."
   -- Edward R. Murrow