BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-18 13:59:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard AT eircom DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:57:18 +0000
hansbkk AT gmail DOT com wrote:

>> I actually said that there did not seem to be a standard Microsoft
>> backup program that did incremental backups.
>> I notice that nobody has actually told me there is one.
>
> And what's your point? It's not appropriate for you to expect to get
> an answer to that question here. Please ask it somewhere else.

Sigh.
I wasn't asking for an MS backup program.
Exactly the opposite.
I was saying that BackupPC is perfectly adequate for my purposes
in backing up both Linux and Windows computers.

It was you who claimed that the internet was full of MS gurus
just waiting to help users,
and I pointed out that in that case it was odd no-one
(until possibly Les Mikesell) had suggested an MS equivalent.

> In my
> experience, no one one with decent computer knowledge would have
> bothered wasting their time even looking at a Microsoft-authored
> backup program, when the third-party alternatives are so widely
> acknowledged to be superior.

You haven't said anything to suggest to me that you have superior
"computer knowledge".
In my (very long, I started with a paper-tape machine) experience
one almost always gets better advice on Windows problems
from Unix/Linux gurus.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net