BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-18 11:51:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:49:33 -0500
On 3/18/2011 10:26 AM, Joe Konecny wrote:
> On 3/18/2011 11:00 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> But no one is selling a product here.
>
> It is being sold in a metaphorical sense.

So, do I get a metaphorical commission if I help metaphorically sell
copies to people who won't bother to read the docs?

>>                                             It works, it is simple and
>> elegant, it does some things that nothing else does, and if someone asks
>> a question that some other user has solved recently it will get an
>> answer.
>
> Well if you count rtfm as an answer then I agree.

If someone won't read the docs or google for existing solutions, how
much else can you do?  But I think if you look through the list archives
you'll see answers where the questions are specific enough to actually
have an answer and common enough that someone else knows it.