BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-17 11:25:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:24:08 +0000
On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 07:29 -0700, OldManRiver wrote:
> I'm not about to read source, as have no time for that.  If this is not
>  intuitive or the docs can not explain it, then I need another tool as
>  I'm rushed to get this done yesterday.

The others have funnier responses, no doubt.

If you have no time to implement a backup solution correctly, you will
not do it correctly. Worse, when it comes time that you NEED it (IE,
someone deleted something critical), you'll find out that it wasn't
working right all this time.

Enterprise backup solutions are necessarily complicated. But you do not
need to read the source. Just use the documentation in the web
interface, and test as you go along. With a good understanding of rsync,
SSH, and SMB, you'll do fine. Without, you'll have to learn about those
too.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"The belief in immortality has always seemed cowardly to me. When very
young I learned that all things die, and all that we wish of good must