BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC archive fails

2011-03-17 12:24:22
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC archive fails
From: Alexandre Joly <aj AT infodev DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:07:14 -0400
Hi,

I have a big host that is backed up using BackupPC. It has 456.21GB of
data actually. I want to off-site this data using the archive method to
removable USB disk. Until recently, that was not a big deal. The archive
process would take up to 45 hours to complete. Data has grown to the
point that now the archive is failing at a specific time (process is
failing at 2866.7 minutes exacly). I have repeated the process and it
will always fail at that specific time. It could be a timeout issue but
cannot find any clues in the log file.

Here is my last ArchiveLOG

Contents of file /var/lib/backuppc/pc/offsite-backup/ArchiveLOG.54.z,
modified 2011-03-16 09:06:41

Executing: /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate /usr/bin/split /usr/bin/par2 dc-01
648 /bin/gzip .gz 0000000 /mnt/tc/2011-03-15 0 *
Xfer PIDs are now 28320
Writing tar archive for host dc-01, backup #648 to output file
/mnt/tc/2011-03-15/dc-01.648.tar.gz
exiting after signal ALRM
Archive failed: aborted by signal=ALRM

I am using BackupPC 3.1.0 under Debian Lenny.

Thanks!

--
Alexandre Joly<aj AT infodev DOT ca>
Network Administrator