BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Generating folders to backup from script

2010-11-30 17:14:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Generating folders to backup from script
From: Richard Jacobsen <richard AT unixboxen DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:12:07 -0800
Here's how I solved a similar case.  I had to do it on the client side.
  I wanted to back up files less than 16MB on two raid arrays:

In the client's root crontab:

# m h  dom mon dow   command
0 * * * * find /raid4 -size +16M  | sed -e 's/\/raid4\///'  >
/etc/rsyncd.raid4.excludes
0 * * * * find /raid5 -size +16M  | sed -e 's/\/raid5\///'  >
/etc/rsyncd.raid5.excludes
50 * * * * RSYNC_PROCS=`ps -ef |grep /usr/bin/rsync | grep -v grep | wc
-l` ; if [ $RSYNC_PROCS == "1" ] ; then service rsyncd restart ; fi

The top two cron jobs generate excludes, and the last one restarts rsync
hourly to catch the new excludes if no client is connected.

In the client rsyncd.conf:

  uid = root
  pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
  use chroot = no
  read only = yes
  transfer logging = true
  log format = %h %o %f %l %b
  log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
  slp refresh = 900
  secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets
  [raid4]
        path = /raid4
        comment = Backup
        read only = yes
        auth users = backuppc
        exclude from = /etc/rsyncd.raid4.excludes
  [raid5]
        path = /raid5
        comment = Backup
        read only = yes
        auth users = backuppc
        exclude from = /etc/rsyncd.raid5.excludes

Richard