BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Generating folders to backup from script

2010-11-30 16:46:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Generating folders to backup from script
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: clavier+backuppc AT ltutech DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:44:24 -0500
Cyril Lavier wrote at about 14:31:52 +0100 on Friday, November 26, 2010:
 > Hi.
 >
 > I need to backup some folders on a server, which are not static, and I
 > usually generate the folder list using a command (find).
 >
 > On the documentation, I can't find anything on using a command to
 > generate the folder list.
 >
 > I tried some things, like putting a command which edits the .pl file in
 > $Conf{DumpPreUserCmd}, but it doesn't seems to work.

One thing that you can do if you are willing to hand edit the host
config files (rather than using the web interface) is to include perl
code in the config file (either the global one or the one for each
individual host). Since it is a normal perl file that gets loaded and
executed at each backup, you can pretty much use the full power of
perl to modify your backup behaviors...