BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.2 install on UBUNTU

2010-11-15 04:21:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.2 install on UBUNTU
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:18:59 +0000
Sorry, no idea about Maverick (10.10). Although as a rule, I don't
recommend installing your backup system on a short-term release.

Regards,
Tyler

On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 14:26 -0600, Ned Hedrick wrote:
> This is on Maverick (10.04).
>
> THX!
>
> Ned
>
> On 11/14/2010 1:42 PM, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> > On what Ubuntu release? Sounds like Hardy, so you need some extra
> > dependencies that the Sid package doesn't address:
> >
> > apt-get install samba-common libwww-perl
> >
> > Or, just use the package from my repo:
> >
> > http://www.tolaris.com/2010/10/21/backuppc-3-2-0-now-in-repository-download-zip-archive-fixed/
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tyler
> >
> > On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 12:27 -0600, nedhedrick AT cox DOT net wrote:
> >> Installed 3.2 from "http://packages.debian.org/sid/backuppc";.  Install
> >> worked fine and server appears to be running normally.
> >>
> >> However, any attempt to backup a host using RSYNCD gets message "dump
> >> failed: File::RsyncP module doesn't exist".
> >>
> >> I'm not an expert so any help/suggestions are really appreciated...
> >>
> >> Ned

"Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for
the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon
him, I realized there had to be another way ... out of that a new
holiday was born ... a Festivus for the rest of us!"
   -- Jerry Stiller, as "Frank Costanza" in Seinfeld