BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.2 install on UBUNTU

2010-11-14 15:01:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 3.2 install on UBUNTU
From: Alexander Maringer <maringer AT maringer-it DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 20:59:53 +0100
Hi,

your friend is apt ;-)

If you have something similar, then use the apt-cache search to find the
required archive.

The double colon shows, that this is a perl archive. First update the
apt-cache:
~$ apt-get update
then search for the archive:
~$ apt-cache search rsyncd | grep perl
libfile-rsyncp-perl - A perl based implementation of an Rsync client

This means search in the cache for all archives which include "rsyncd"
in the archive name and the grep only shows the archives containing the
string "file".

So I think, that it will work, if you install the archive.
libfile-rsyncp-perl

~$ apt-get install libfile-rsyncp-perl

King regards

Alexander