BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist" but the perl module is installed

2010-11-05 09:00:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist" but the perl module is installed
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 07:58:31 -0500
On 11/5/10 6:59 AM, Farmol SPA wrote:
> [...]

Perl uses the @INC array as a search path to find modules, and appends .pm to
the name requested in a use or require statement.   'use lib '/path'; will push
a new path on the @INC array.  So, use locate or find to see where the
File/Rsyncp.pm module lives on your system and add an appropriate 'use lib'
somewhere in the code before the 'use'.   But, this is an odd situation.
Normally packaged installs would land in the right place and CPAN installs
figure it out at install time.