BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist" but the perl module is installed

2010-11-05 08:02:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist" but the perl module is installed
From: Farmol SPA <farmolspa AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 12:59:33 +0100
-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist" but the perl module is
installed
From: Farmol SPA <farmolspa AT gmail DOT com>
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 11:20:38 GMT+0200 (ora Legale Europa Occidentale)
> [...]
> The error I get (by email) is:
>> The following hosts had an error that is probably caused by a
>> misconfiguration.  Please fix these hosts:
>>   - localhost (File::RsyncP module doesn't exist)
>>
>> Regards,
>> PC Backup Genie
> (localhost is the server where BackupPC server is running).

I looked into BackupPC's perl code.

In /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump I found

> use BackupPC::Xfer::Rsync;

So I went to /usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Xfer/Rsync.pm and I found
this snippet:

>     eval "use File::RsyncP;";
>     if ( $@ ) {
>         #
>         # Rsync module doesn't exist.
>         #
>         $RsyncLibOK = 0;
>         $RsyncLibErr = "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist";

that's part of the error message I get in the mail.

Then I tried to run the following from the CLI:

> $ sudo su backuppc -
> sh-3.2$ perl -e 'eval "use File::RsyncP;"; if ($@) {print "true\n";}
> else {print "false\n";}'
> false
> sh-3.2$

How is it possible? Am I doing the right thing to debug this issue or
somebody can help me to find a clue?

TIA
Alessandro