BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Controlling Full Backup

2010-11-03 12:28:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Controlling Full Backup
From: Tod Detre <tod.detre AT maine DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:04:39 -0400
I just have  a cron job that starts a full backup at a specific time
and then have the full backup period slightly over 1 week.

here's the line from crontab:

0 20 * * sat /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup
<hostname> <hostname> root 1

you have to put this in backuppc's crontab (or use su/sudo to change
to the backuppc user)

--Tod