BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Cleaning Backups

2010-11-03 10:46:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Cleaning Backups
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:44:04 -0500
On 11/3/2010 8:10 AM, Lee A. Connell wrote:
> I am using the single backup deletion script to clean out some backups
> manually, however when I run the script it tells me there are no backups
> for the backup number I chose. I can look under the host directory and I
> indeed do not see that number as a backup folder. Where is this
> information being pulled from? Also how else can I delete these lost
> backups because they’re taking up a lot of space on my server. In the
> past I would just delete the entire cpool and pc directories but I can’t
> keep doing that.

I'm not sure exactly what the script does, but keep in mind that the
space isn't going to be released until the link count on the cpool files
goes down to 1 (that is, there are no longer any backups that contain a
linked copy) - and unless the deletion script does it, you may also have
to wait until Backuppc_nightly run to remove the last link for the pool
copy.