BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Full/Incremental disbale

2010-10-28 06:06:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Full/Incremental disbale
From: thigginson <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 06:03:46 -0400
Well files are zipped up at each of our remote backup hosts. This allows them
to make backups to media and have a localised archive of backups. It also
allows that file to be password protected for transfer and storage.

In some cases I need an incremental to get the latest dated zip file in the
folder. A full backup would take down the connection due the size of all the
zips combined. I suppose that I could script something client side to move the
dated files around but I would rather keep things simple.

In others it doesnt matter if its incremental or full as there is only one zip
file that will be different each day. It would have been nicer for me to
disable incremental though so that I have have the usefull color coding on the
backuppc interface.

|This was sent by thigginson AT brightlearningsolutions DOT com via Backup
Central.