BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Problem on Restore of localhost

2010-10-27 18:13:04
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Problem on Restore of localhost
From: "Michael MH. Heel" <mh AT heel-data DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:10:06 +0200

Hello !

When trying to restore a file from the localhost (the backuppc server itself) to the original location i get the following error:

---------------------

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -p 1234 -l backuppc myhost nice -n 19 sudo /usr/local/bin/backuppc-rsync --server --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --relative --ignore-times --recursive . /test/downloads/
Xfer PIDs are now 9653
Rsync command pid is 9653
Fetching remote protocol
Got remote protocol 29
Negotiated protocol version 28
Checksum seed is 1288214196
Got checksumSeed 0x4cc896b4
fileListSend: sending file list: /test/downloads/BackupPC-3.2.0.tar.gz
Sending /test/downloads/BackupPC-3.2.0.tar.gz (remote=/BackupPC-3.2.0.tar.gz) type = 0
[ skipped 1 lines ]
Sorted file list has 1 entries
PostSortFile 0: /BackupPC-3.2.0.tar.gz
Remote[1]: ERROR: buffer overflow in recv_rules
Remote[1]: rsync error: error allocating core memory buffers (code 22) at util.c(126) [sender=2.6.8]
Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Done: 1 files, 511394 bytes
restore failed: Unable to read 4 bytes

I installed the latest rsyncp  version from cpan  and I am running x64 centos 64bit.  Backups run without problems.

If backup and restore server is the same machine how can the protocol be different ?

It could be related to rsync over ssh (is your shell clean ?) I found some general information but wasn’t able to track it down on my system.

Thx for your help

michael