BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Yum to Tar

2010-10-16 13:40:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Yum to Tar
From: Ted Hilts <ehilts AT mcsnet DOT ca>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:38:25 -0600
Timothy Omer wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> No problem and thanks for your comments.
>
> Could anyone on the BackupPC team confirm if what I wish to do is ok
> and what files I should be aware of to be restored?
>
> many thanks

> Download new Adobe(R) Flash(R) Builder(TM) 4
> The new Adobe(R) Flex(R) 4 and Flash(R) Builder(TM) 4 (formerly
> Flex(R) Builder(TM)) enable the development of rich applications that run
> across multiple browsers and platforms. Download your free trials today!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-dev2dev

Timothy Omer

Whatever you do make sure you have a remote server.  Don't do what I did
and set up backuppc to do all it's operations on the SAME machine.  And
make sure you know how to get rid of the backed up files and be sure to
monitor your progress with regard to backed up files and the "limited
time" they are allowed to maintain those files.

My application for backing up files does not use backuppc.  Also, be
aware that the Apache server (CGI section) has to be set up as a backup
server and it is a good idea that you have a remote (another machine or
even better another machine on another network if you can manage it).
The team knows their stuff and will give you lots of help.  Believe me
it's not worth putting everything on one machine.

Have a nice day.
Thanks - Ted Hilts