BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best way to backup on remote dynamic IPs

2010-10-15 09:20:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best way to backup on remote dynamic IPs
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:18:00 +0200
Hy Peter,

> The "way" you are using is correct. The problem you have is a
> DDNS problem and not related to BackupPC.  You need to
> contact your DNS registrar and ask them how you can set the
> TTL (Time To Live) for the dynamic addresses. A good tutorial
> is at http://support.easydns.com/tutorials/DynamicDNS/different.php

I knew it was *not* a BackupPC issue, I simply forgot to put [OT] in the
subject ;-)
Still, I wanted to ask people on this list if they have any suggestions.

Many thanks anyway, I'll be checking with DDNS provider what I can do.

Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21
6600 Locarno