BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with SMB and "My Documents" folder?

2010-10-13 18:17:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with SMB and "My Documents" folder?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:15:17 -0500
On 10/13 05:26 , Craig A wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>    Does that mean backuppc doesn't support spaces in path names?

no, it means you need to quote the name or match the space.
For instance, here's part of my standard configuration I'll put in a
<hostname>.pl file for a client I want to back up via SMB. Extrapolate from
this what you need for specifying your paths.

# Sometimes rsync/rsyncd yields md4 errors and SMB
# (really tar over SMB, I believe) must be used
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';
$Conf{SmbShareName} = 'c$';
$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = 'Administrator';
$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = 'XXXXXXXXX';

# If you put a trailing slash at the end of an SMB exclude,
# it will give you an error.
# For SMB excludes, the slashes need to be in the windows direction (\)
# instead of the Unix direction (/).
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
       'c$' => [
        '\RECYCLER',
        '\WINNT',
        '\temp',
        '\WUTemp',
        '\WINDOWS',
        '\System Volume Information',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Local Settings\History',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Cookies',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Favorites',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\IETldCache',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\IECompatCache',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\NetHood',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\PrivacIE',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\PrintHood',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\WINDOWS',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Recent',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Webex',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\temp',
        '\pagefile.sys',
        '\hiberfil.sys',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\My Documents\My Music',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\My Documents\My Videos',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\My Documents\My Pictures',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\My Documents\Private',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\avg8',
        '*.avi',
        '*.AVI',
        '*.mp3',