BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Setup two NIC's to improve performance

2010-06-09 11:09:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Setup two NIC's to improve performance
From: Bruce <bruce AT sqls DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:07:32 -0500
Does your switch support trunking/pairing/bonding of ports?

http://www.linuxhorizon.ro/bonding.html
http://www.cyberciti.biz/howto/question/static/linux-ethernet-bonding-driver-howto.php

I'm sure you could find some distribution specific documentation.

Some notes on this though.  A good professional 1GB nic can push about
100/MBs.  Often you will run into CPU or HD bottlenecks before you get
this far unless you've got a pretty decent cpu and  some type of raid hd
setup.

So, once you trunk two ports together the chances that you'll have
cpu/hd bottlenecks will greatly increase.  So make sure you check that too.