BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Label tape archives

2010-06-08 01:58:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Label tape archives
From: Daniel Mueller <daniel.mueller AT awema DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 07:56:36 +0200
> Use the pre-dump command setting for your Archive and have it run a
> script/command that labels the tape. No reason why the label function
> needs to be included in the 'tar' command. Or, since you're initiating
> from cron, why not run a cron job prior to the archive job that labels
> the tape?

I thought of this as well. Labeling this way would mean to put an
additional info session upfront, as I didn't find another way to label
those LTO tapes. Please correct me on this if I'm wrong.

However a separate label per session including the hostname would help
to tell the different archive sessions apart. But I think there's no
easy way to do this, so I'll do it your way.

Thanks Ryan
Dan