BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC file system full, best way to recover?

2010-06-01 16:32:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC file system full, best way to recover?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:30:10 -0500
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM, James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com> wrote:
> Recently, a new NAS was mounted on several servers and the BackupPC
> filesystem filled before I got the new NAS excluded.  What's the best way to
> get BackupPC moving again.  It's 100% full.

I know there are more elaborate ways to do this, but the way I do it is:

/etc/init.d/backuppc stop
go to /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<hostname>/<backup>/subdir/you/want/to/remove
rm -rf the files or tree of files you want to take out of the backup
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_nightly 0 255
then go to /var/lib/backuppc/trash and delete all the files in there.
/etc/init.d/backuppc start

YMMV; but hopefully this gives you a basic idea how to go about it.
there may be something I'm overlooking; I'm sure more clueful heads than
myself will correct me if I am. :)

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator