BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC file system full, best way to recover?

2010-06-01 16:09:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC file system full, best way to recover?
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:07:54 -0500
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM, James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com> wrote:
> Recently, a new NAS was mounted on several servers and the BackupPC
> filesystem filled before I got the new NAS excluded.  What's the best way to
> get BackupPC moving again.  It's 100% full.

I'm not an experienced BackupPC user or manager of a large environment
(I use it for home use), but here's a couple of ideas.

Is your backup directory on a LVM volume? If so, is there a way you
could temporarily add more space?

Did your NAS backup happen on an incremental or a full backup? If on
an incremental, is it possible to drop the incremental backup? Of
course you would have a window where the backup would not be current
but maybe you can tolerate this until another backup can complete.

Hope this helps.

Richard