BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] NFS mount filled backuppc partition, need help recovering

2010-04-19 04:33:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] NFS mount filled backuppc partition, need help recovering
From: "B. Alexander" <storm16 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 04:31:09 -0400

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
B. Alexander wrote:
> The main problem with this machine is that it has two IDE drive
> slots. Any more, the largest IDE drives I have been able to find are
> 500GB. So I have a 500 and a 250 in the machine.

Can't you add a SATA card?  That would let you go up to 2TB in one drive.

I'll have to check to see if this machine has a riser card on it, and whether it is PCI, PCI-E or PCI-X.

> Since I have to use separate volume groups, I'm wondering if/where I can
> mount the 150GB partition in the backuppc heirarchy to get the most out
> of it. That would give me almost 650GB instead of the 500 (well, 488G)
> that I have now.

To be useful, it all has to be on the same filesystem so hardlinks to the pool
can work.

That makes sense.

Thanks Les,
--b