BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Encrypting BackupPC TopDir

2010-02-16 06:31:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Encrypting BackupPC TopDir
From: tribat <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 06:28:56 -0500
Well the thing is I already have a RAID-5 array set up without LVM. It's just
one huge ext3 filesystem, and thats the way I like it. I don't really like the
idea of splitting the available disk space cause I like having one massive
filesystem that can offer me all the unused space on the device when needed. If
the device is split into multiple partitions then also the unused space is
gonna be splitted.

So that's why I would really like the EncFS to work. I've done all my testing
with the default EncFS settings so that would mean "External Chaining" has been
disabled.