BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] User notification on Win PC during backup and/or prevent shutdown

2010-02-04 11:25:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] User notification on Win PC during backup and/or prevent shutdown
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:23:23 -0500
Falko Trojahn wrote at about 16:13:41 +0100 on Thursday, February 4, 2010:
 > Hi,
 >
 > using Backuppc successfully for quite some time now, I notice certain PC
 > users shutting down
 > their Windows during Backup.
 >
 > Is their any way to protect the Windows System from shutting down during
 > the backup, or at least:
 > notifying the user that the Backup is still running and he shouldn't
 > shutdown the station until backup has been finished?
 >
 > Thanx for your answers
 > and your great support!
 > Falko

I would use DumpPreUserCmd and DumpPostUserCmd to respectively set and
unset the following registry tweak:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
          Dword Noclose=1 (no shutdown)
          Dword Noclose=0 (allow shutdown)