BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] cygwin, ssh, and rsync

2010-02-06 14:20:13
Subject: [BackupPC-users] cygwin, ssh, and rsync
From: Trey Nolen <support AT internetpro DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 13:18:02 -0600
I don't know if this has been mentioned on the list or not, but the new
Cygwin seems to have fixed the long standing bug that prevents rsync
from running in server mode over ssh.   Now, we are able to use the
method "rsync" instead of "rsyncd".  This means that we no longer have
to maintain persistent SSH tunnels for our backups of Windows
machines.   The "rsync" method also seems to be faster for us on WANs as
well.   Just wanted to let everyone know if this hasn't been brought up.

Trey Nolen