BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Thinking aloud about backup rotation

2010-01-27 06:28:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Thinking aloud about backup rotation
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:27:06 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:33:48AM -0000, PD Support wrote:

> [...]

There is an easier solution: Just don't name the files by weekday -
backup into the same file every day like "xyz_db.bak". Then you are free
a) copy it somewhere else on the server with a weekday name (and it
doesn't need to be backed up there)
b) just rely on BackupPC for restores

Why would you want to keep one week's worth of backups on the server
itself if BackupPC keeps those backups anyway?

HTH,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.tisc.de