BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Replacing dead backup drive

2010-01-22 17:39:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Replacing dead backup drive
From: Dan Smisko <dan AT balanced DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:24:46 -0500
I have a BackupPC 3.0.0 system that has been running well for some time,
but the backup drive
has just failed.  I have some replacement hardware that I'm looking at,
but what I
would like to do immediately is to plug in a replacement drive and
continue with the
current setup.  At this point resuming backups is more important than
trying to retrieve
(possibly unrecoverable) old data.

Is there is simple way to do that?  Can I just plug in a
new drive in and everything will proceed merrily along?  If not, can I
manually initialize
the new drive? Failing that, what is the quickest procedure to get the
current backup
system back up and running.  I apologize if there's already a document
for this, please
point me to it.

Thanks very much.

--