BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] zfs dedupe test

2009-12-23 06:55:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] zfs dedupe test
From: Chris Bennett <chris AT ceegeebee DOT com>
To: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:22:40 +1030
Hi Dan,

> If you have some hardware lying around I encourage you to test out zfs
> dedupe.  nexenta core3 alpha2 and opensolaris b129 both have it and it is
> very nice.

Hmm, thanks for the report - it's great to hear you were able to get
it working and see some good results.

I've thought about backing backuppc onto a lessfs volume (fuse-based
inline deduping filesystem) - havn't tried it yet, but if anyone has,
I'd like to hear more about it also.

Regards,

Chris Bennett
cgb