BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup fails after running 8-10 hours

2009-11-09 18:15:16
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails after running 8-10 hours
From: Nick Bright <nick.bright AT valnet DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:44:49 -0600
I've got a bit of a strange situation. My backuppc server, which
successfully backs up a half dozen or so machines, is unable to backup
one particular host.

This host is configured the same as all of my other hosts which backup
successfully, but after running the rsync process for 8 to 10 hours, the
backup fails with this entry in the XferLOG:

full backup started for directory /
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root cpanel /usr/bin/rsync --server
--sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links
--times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /
Xfer PIDs are now 27778
Got remote protocol 1768191091
Fatal error (bad version): stdin: is not a tty

Sent exclude: /proc
Sent exclude: /sys
Sent exclude: /mnt/nfs
fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted by user signal
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

I have been unable to locate any entries in any log files on the client
system indicating what may be.

I'm hoping someone will have a tip on where to look or thoughts as to
determining why the rsync is failing.

--
---
- Nick Bright