BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Samba/BackupPC under CentOS-5.3

2009-10-17 18:07:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Samba/BackupPC under CentOS-5.3
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: gayleard AT eircom DOT net, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:04:11 -0500
Sorry, that's not going to work.  Whitespace isn't a great idea in shares,
so it would be simpler if you just changed the name of the share to
EAGamesD.

What *might* work is EA\040\Games\040\D, which I believe is the syntax you
need to make it work in fstab; the problem, of course, is that once you
move through a shell layer your share is interpreted as "EA" plus some
junk on the command line.  You *might* get some mileage out of "\"EA Games
D\"", but again I'll point out, that spaces in shares cause all kinds of
things to break.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278884
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157022