BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore via rsync on Vista client

2009-10-12 05:48:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore via rsync on Vista client
From: Erik Hjertén <erik.hjerten AT companion DOT se>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:45:26 +0200
Erik Hjertén skrev:
Hello all!

I have had a disk crash and now I need to restore my files. Restoring through as a ZIP-file file works fine, but I'm also interested in restoring "directly" with rsync, but I can't get it to work. All that is created is an empty folder where I choosed to restore the files. The log says all is fine:
2009-10-07 20:21:51 restore started below directory erikdata to host eddie
2009-10-07 20:22:11 restore 1 complete (80 files, 10326140 bytes, 0 dirs, 0 xferErrs)

My setup:
Backuppc 3.0.0 on Ubuntu 8.04
Client is Windows Vista with Deltacopy 1.3 for rsync functions.

I have looked into the rights for the Deltacopy service running on the client. It's running as the "local system", and the user "SYSTEM" has all rights on the created folder. My guess is that this should be sufficient.

I have managed to restore my files by creating a TAR-file and the restoring via rsync is also working. I'm not sure what was wrong earlier.

I now have another problem. When restoring with rsync the restored files has SYSTEM as owner. Is there a way to set up backuppc and/or rsync to restore owner and rights of the files?

Kind regards
/Erik