BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Fwd: Re: Unknown Module error

2009-10-12 05:31:38
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: Re: Unknown Module error
From: Per-Ola Stenborg <per-ola.stenborg AT sadata DOT se>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net.
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:28:43 +0200
Hi all!

A small tip regarding windows backups. I use DeltaCopy to install and configure
rsyncd on windows. I has quite a good gui to do this. Btw DeltaCopy is a
windows gui wrapper around rsync/cygwin.

Best regards

Per-Ola

>> Trying to set up rsync transfer from a windows machine,
>>
>> full backup started for directory RRU
>> Connected to 192.168.0.6:873, remote version 29
>> Negotiated protocol version 28
>> Error connecting to module RRU at 192.168.0.6:873: Unknown module 'RRU'
>> Got fatal error during xfer (Unknown module 'RRU')
>> Backup aborted (Unknown module 'RRU')
>> Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
>> prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0
>>
>> my backppc config is:-
>>
>> #
>> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>>   'RRU'
>> ];
>>
>> $Conf{RsyncdClientPort} = '873';
>> $Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'tarlachmoorhouse';
>> $Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'xxxxxxx';
>> $Conf{RsyncdAuthRequired} = '1';
>>
>> rsyncd.config on the pc is:-
>>

>> [RRU]
>>     path = H:\jenni_rru
>>     comment = jenni's work
>>     auth users = tarlachmoorhouse
>>     secrets file = c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets
>>     # hosts allow = 172.16.0.17
>>     strict modes = false
>>     read only = false
>>     list = true
>>

>> I've tested locally on the PC and the module is listed if you use ::
>>
>> Any thoughts welcomed
>
>It's a Windows machine... but rsync generally comes from the Cygwin build,
>which understands forward slashes and has mount points to symbolically
>refer to paths...  So I'd expect to see
>
>path = /cygdrive/H/jenni_rru
>
>instead of what you've got.  I believe you may also need "use chroot =
>false" for Windows.  Not sure if this is your problem, but I'm surprised
>it works locally.

  Per-Ola Stenborg                       Tele: +46 (0)346-16080
  SA DataCom AB                          Dir:  +46 (0)346-16088
  Box 153                                GSM:  +46 (0)70-878 13 88
  S-311 22 FALKENBERG                    Fax:  +46 (0)346-84462
  SWEDEN