BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What happened to the part of the Wiki with user-contributed utilities?

2009-10-07 23:11:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What happened to the part of the Wiki with user-contributed utilities?
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:08:21 -0700
Jeffrey writes:

> So, I guess I am asking whether the maintainer(s) of the Wiki are
> aware of the problem and if so is there a solution in progress?
>
> If not, what do we need to do to restore the wiki?
>
> Given the number of FAQ posts that take up a good portion of the
> bandwidth of this group, it seems like we would all be served by
> having the wiki restored.

I agree.  I'm sorry I haven't done anything about this.  Unfortunately
SF didn't do a very good job with their "automatic transition", and I'm
a complete neophyte when it comes to MediaWiki.

Currently I'm the only MediaWiki admin (by default, not by design :)).

I don't think it's possible to open editing to everyone on MediaWiki
with the way that SF has installed it, based on this ticket:

    https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/3638

At a minimum you need an SF account, and then editing permission
needs to be added using the MediaWiki admin interface.

I'm happy to add MediaWiki admin privileges to a couple of motivated
contributors (I just added Holger), who can then in turn add editing
permission to any SF user who requests it.  Please send me your
requests off list.

It would be really great if we could repair (and then improve) the
wiki.

Craig