BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Centos Install not working,

2009-08-21 21:18:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Centos Install not working,
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Nigel Kendrick <support-lists AT petdoctors.co DOT uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 03:14:28 +0200
Hi,

Nigel Kendrick wrote on 2009-08-22 01:08:23 +0100 [[BackupPC-users] Centos
Install not working,]:
> [...]
> I have slogged through various errors to get Backuppc working with suexec
> and although I am close, all I get when I try and run the app is a listing
> of the cgi code rather than it being executed. [...]
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.200.11:80
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.200.11:80>
>    ServerName [snipped]
>    ServerAlias [snipped]
>    DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>    SuexecUserGroup backuppc2 backuppc2
>    ScriptAlias /backuppc/cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/backuppc/cgi-bin/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <Directory /var/www/html/backuppc/cgi-bin>
>    Options +ExecCGI

I'm no Apache expert, but the Debian package contains the lines

     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
     DirectoryIndex index.cgi

and names the executable index.cgi. As Apache obviously does not recognize the
script as an executable, that might be something that could help (the second
line is only so that the directory name without the "index.cgi" will also
lead to execution of the script, I believe. That makes sense especially if the
cgi-bin directory is actually the DocumentRoot of the VirtualHost ...).

>    Order deny,allow
>    Deny from all
>    Allow from 192.168.0
>    Allow from 127.0.0.1
>    Allow from all
>    AuthName "Backup Admin"
>    AuthType Basic
>    AuthUserFile /var/lib/backuppc/passwd/htpasswd
>    Require valid-user
> </Directory>

Hope that helps.

Regards,