BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Centos Install not working,

2009-08-21 20:13:05
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Centos Install not working,
From: "Nigel Kendrick" <support-lists AT petdoctors.co DOT uk>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 01:08:23 +0100
Hi,

I have a server running Centos 5.3 and SugarCRM, a Web-based app. As suspected, if I run the Web server as the backuppc user SugarCRM stops working.

I have slogged through various errors to get Backuppc working with suexec and although I am close, all I get when I try and run the app is a listing of the cgi code rather than it being executed. I suspect this an httpd config issue but having gone round in circles for several hours I am either missing the obvious or have a fundamental error somewhere.

I have put the Web code in /var/www/html/backuppc and pointed config.pl to the cgi-bin folder below there and here's my httpd conf file based on some notes about running Backuppc in a virtual host to make suexec work. If I run the backup admin perl code at the command line as either root or backuppc2 I do get html output

NameVirtualHost 192.168.200.11:80

<VirtualHost 192.168.200.11:80>
   ServerName [snipped]
   ServerAlias [snipped]
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html
   SuexecUserGroup backuppc2 backuppc2
   ScriptAlias /backuppc/cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/backuppc/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

<Directory /var/www/html/backuppc/cgi-bin>
   Options +ExecCGI
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
   Allow from 192.168.0
   Allow from 127.0.0.1
   Allow from all
   AuthName "Backup Admin"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /var/lib/backuppc/passwd/htpasswd
   Require valid-user
</Directory>
Any ideas

Thanks