BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] No files dumped for share on windows 2008 server client

2009-04-17 17:19:06
Subject: [BackupPC-users] No files dumped for share on windows 2008 server client
From: thomas83 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:12:59 -0400
I have tried out several things now.

Rsyncd won't work in windows 2008 it seems, the service want start.
Just get an unexpected error when starting it.

Haven't find any solution on the web for that yet.

I have figured out that backuppc doens't like dfs share and c$ share.
But if i choose to share a new folder called fex share i can backup both folder
and files.

And if i choose to share my c station sow it becomes \\pc\c

I have tried to use smbclient locally on the backuppc server and manually made
a tar backup of the dfs share and get the same error.
But to copy and file from the share to the backuppc with smbclient works fine.

If i mount the share on the local backuppc and then take backup of that share
it works.

Sow now im really stuck on what to do.

I have sarched high and low on both smb and backuppc issues but nobody has
tried it on windows 2008 it seems.

Sow hopefully somebody out there can help me with this issue
Why can't we backupwindows 2008 just like windows 2003 and XP?