BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] No files dumped for share on windows 2008 server client

2009-04-19 04:37:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] No files dumped for share on windows 2008 server client
From: Gérald Becker <becgerald AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:27:36 +0200
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky a écrit :
> Les Stott wrote at about 18:43:36 +1000 on Saturday, April 18, 2009:
>  > thomas83 wrote:
>  > > I have tried out several things now.
>  > >
>  > > Rsyncd won't work in windows 2008 it seems, the service want start.
>  > > Just get an unexpected error when starting it.
>  > >
>  > > Haven't find any solution on the web for that yet.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > Which rsync did you use to install on the windows 2008 server? cygwin
>  > rsync 3.0.4 is broken and wont run. You need to downgrade to 2.6.9.
>  >
>  > I successfully use rsyncd 2.6.9 from cygwin on windows 2008.
>  >
>  > Regards,
>  >
>  > Les
>  >

> Is this problem specific to Windows 2008? Because I use cygwin
> rsync-3.0.4 just fine on Windows XP.

I tried to install properly rsyncd on windows 2008 too for days. I get
this unexpected error too, but before that, the service was running, but
was "buggy". 50% of my cpu was used by the idle service (i got a E8400).
I used rsyncd 2.6.8. Will continue tests. All is running fine on windows
xp clients. Will try on a vista client.