BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] No files dumped for share docs

2009-04-16 10:26:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] No files dumped for share docs
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:20:58 +1000

Gérald Becker wrote:
> error log :
> full backup started for directory docs
> Connected to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:873, remote version 29
> Negotiated protocol version 28
> Connected to module docs
> Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group
-D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive
--ignore-times . .
> Sent include: /c:
> Sent include: /c:/docs
> Sent exclude: /*
> Sent exclude: /c:/*
> Xfer PIDs are now 6500
>   create d 755   400/401           0 .
> Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
> Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share docs)
> Backup aborted (No files dumped for share docs)
> Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

> client.pl :
> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsyncd';
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
>   '*' => [
>     'c:/docs'
>   ]
> };

I would suggest you do not need this. On the client in the rsyncd.conf
file you will specify that the module "docs" is the folder C:\docs, so
when backuppc does a backup of the module docs, only that directory
will be backed up anyway. So, delete this section.
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>   'docs'
> ];
> $Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'backuppc';
> $Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'backuppc';
> $Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX';
> $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
>   'docs'
> ];
SmbShareName is not even relevant since you are using rsyncd not smb
for your backups. Remove this line.
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>   '/winnt/tmp' => [
>     ''
>   ]
> };
Again, remove this. You are saying for the module "/winnt/tmp" you
want to exclude the file/dir called ''. I'm not sure what would happen
if you really did have a matching module, but since you don't, just
remove the whole thing. If you had a dir called c:\docs\temp that you
wanted to exclude, it might look like this (I'm kinda guessing, so
this might also be wrong, try with a simple config, and when it works,
add the fancy stuff later)

$Conf{BaackupFilesExclude} = {
'docs' => [ 'temp' ],
};