BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Not backing up more that first module/directory (rsyncd)

2009-04-14 13:22:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Not backing up more that first module/directory (rsyncd)
From: Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:16:33 -0500
Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> Il 14.04.09 16:55, "Les Mikesell" <les AT futuresource DOT com> ha scritto:
>
>> I happen to like openvpn running in peer to
>> peer mode where you end up with a process and tunnel interface per
>> instance.
>
> OK, so I will take a look at openvpn. Leaving the VPN open is not a problem,
> of course...

I'm on the openvpn mail list too, so ask there if you have any problems.
  For a simple host to host connection you don't need to deal with any
routing issues - just give each end adjacent private IP addresses that
are in networks you don't use anywhere else.  If you want to route for
the rest of the LAN it gets a little more complicated.