BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RSYNC xfer failing backuppc version 3.2.0beta0

2009-04-14 02:37:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RSYNC xfer failing backuppc version 3.2.0beta0
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Tim Hall <thall AT insightit DOT ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:33:29 -0700
Tim writes:

> This is a new install so I thought I would try the beta version
> do you recommend I go back to the stable version?

If you are willing to test the beta version some more that
would be great.  You've already found one bug :).

Holger told you where to get the File::Listing module.
Another workaround is to simply comment out this line in

    use File::Listing qw/parse_dir/;

in

    lib/BackupPC/Xfer/Ftp.pm

(ie: add a single "#" character at the start of the line, or
delete it altogether).  You won't be able to use ftp, but
everything else should work.

Craig