BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RSYNC xfer failing backuppc version 3.2.0beta0

2009-04-13 02:01:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RSYNC xfer failing backuppc version 3.2.0beta0
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:57:28 -0700
Holger writes:

> two things are really confusing me:
>
> 1.) The title claims that it is supposed to be an *rsync* xfer, the error
>     message clearly indicates that *ftp* is attempted (and fails). Tim, could
>     you please clarify which transfer method you are trying to use?

The code loads all the Xfer modules and the failure happens
when there is a module that isn't found.  The Xfer method
doesn't matter at that point.

> > Looks like you need to install the File::Listing module.
> >
> > Paul - the code should check for this and it should be in the
> > docs too.
>
> Isn't the same true for Archive::Zip and XML::RSS? I'm not sure those two
> *can* be handled in a sane way, but I'll have a look in the next few days and
> try to provide a patch.

Yes, like other non-builtin modules, the ftp code should load this
module inside an eval() in the BEGIN block, and set a flag if it
fails.  In particular, this line:

    use File::Listing qw/parse_dir/;

in lib/BackupPC/Xfer/Ftp.pm should be moved inside the BEGIN block and
used with an eval.  It's not quite as simple as adding File::Listing to
this list:

    my @FTPLibs = qw( Net::FTP Net::FTP::RetrHandle );

since it needs the "qw/parse_dir/".

Craig